CRM GeoTomography Technologies, Inc. (CRM) is a privately owned company spun-off from Advanced Applied Physics Solutions Inc. (AAPS), a nationally designated Centre of Excellence for Commercialization and Research established at TRIUMF – Canada’s National Laboratory for Particle and Nuclear Physics. We are based in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Provides geophysical services to mining companies, with a current focus on near-mine exploration for life extension of underground base- and multi-metal mines.
- Has field-proven proprietary muon detectors ready for deployment at underground mines, or for other applications.
- Develops advanced muon geotomography technology, new applications and integrated geophysical solutions.
- Collaborates with industry, government, academic and non-government organizations.
- Welcomes new projects, partners, advisors, and investors.
CRM’s initial proof-of-principle muon geotomography technology was developed by Advanced Applied Physics Solutions (AAPS) in collaboration with University of British Columbia (UBC) professor Douglas Bryman, UBC’s Geophysical Inversion Facility, the Geological Survey of Canada, and NVI-Breakwater Resources (now Nyrstar, an integrated mining and metals company with market-leading positions in zinc and lead). Learn more about our history here.
CRM’s advanced muon detectors have been developed with the financial support of Western Economic Diversification Canada, demonstrated in field trials, and are now being commercially deployed by CRM to help mining companies reduce the cost and increase the effectiveness of near-mine mineral exploration. Funded projects from mining companies (under non-disclosure agreements) have contributed significantly to advances in the application of muon geotomography.
CRM gratefully acknowledges the ongoing financial support of the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) and all those that we work with to deliver the benefits of this new geophysical technique.